Monday, August 3, 2009

Team in Training Pub Crawl

I had the most incredible day last Saturday. I started out by dragging out of bed at 6:30, then rushing around trying to get breakfast going, snacks packed and a cranky baby into clothes and a clean diaper. Granted, I was not that excited to go, but so glad I did. What luck! As I was strolling up to Prospect Lake and the transition area I see my coach jogging toward her bike. Yes! I thought to myself, I seriously need to see how a transition goes, I mean, how in the heck do they get from murky lake and wetsuit to biking with cleats? So I watched carefully: zip off the wetsuit, unroll it, step out, sun glasses, helmet and she's off! I met up with my other team mates who were the support crew along with me and we cheered as fellow athletes and teammates got out of the lake and onto bikes, then off of bikes and onto the run, then through the finish line. It was such an uplifting learning experience. Quick car nap for the baby then off to Tri 101 and pancakes at the coach's house.



Back home for a shower, makeup and hair, feed the baby, then off to our major team fundraiser: The Down with Cancer Pub Crawl!! We met at Jack Quinn's for a free beer and $2 off appetizers, then on to the Ritz for an appetizer buffet and $2.50 pints. Next was the Thirsty Parrot for $1 beer and shots and the raffle. We had some pretty amazing prizes donated, including a pound of coffee and a $20 gift cert. from Raven's Nest, and a free sitting fee and 11x14 print from Ashley Photography. I have to admit I brought Carissa with me, but we left at 7 pm and I mostly walked her around outside on the sidewalk. This is where she fell in love with an incredible looking maroon Victory motorcycle. She loved the deeping chugging sound it made as it pulled up to the curb and I know she just ached to go touch it. The pub crawl was so much fun. I just loved hanging out with my teammates and getting to know them outside of the track and pool. The best part of the pub crawl was raising $1,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!!! I was given $280 toward my personal fundraising effort of $2,400, that only leaves $280 more to go!

If you are seriously thinking of helping me raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, please do so as soon as possible. Click here to donate. My deadline is September 8, that is one month from today! I am so grateful for everyone who has contributed and helped out in one way or another. Thank you, Gina, for donating baby boy clothes that I am now consigning, what a great way to help me get to my goal. Thank you Laura, Lily and Tom for helping babysit Carissa on Saturday mornings so I can get my bike rides or swims in. It is so nice to know Carissa is well cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment