Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Set Back

To say that my triathlon training and fundraising has gotten off to a bumpy start would be an understatement. After my first week of training, which were really about just getting to know swim drills and mechanics of a bike, I got the stomach bug. I had to sit out for an entire week because I was too weak to participate. That was disappointing, but even more disappointing than that has been my fundraising efforts. I keep thinking of awesome fundraising scenarios in which I set up a bake sale table and, voila! I have a thousand dollars in the bank. Or maybe I could sell something at the Skysox stadium? No, I checked into it, can't do it. Maybe a barbecue in which I invite all of my friends and neighbors and they donate lots of money? Too much out of pocket expense. I know! I'll sell donuts at Shane's work!! We have lots of friends there and they'll surely empty their pockets for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I put together an information board, set out two boxes of donuts and a mayonnaise jar with a slit cut in the lid and waited for the dollars to roll in. The next day Shane's friend told him that at 9 pm there were two empty boxes of donuts and a handful of change in the bottom of the jar. We didn't even break even. I'm wondering how I'm going to raise the $2,000 balance of my goal in just a few months. I wonder if I should even keep going. There's no way I can pay for the balance out of my pocket. Let's do some math: I have raised $465 so far. I have $1,935 left to go. I just need 77 people to donate $25. Even less than that considering I'm still going to have a "craigslist sale" of all of my old baby things.

Thank you to all of you who have helped me to my goal so far, I can not tell you how blessed I am by your generosity.

If you would like to help me reach my goal for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, please click on my fundraising webpage: http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/oktobfst09/cwarrenrzk, or send me a check made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Thanks for all of your support, monetary and otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment